Violet Winter

Friday, March 5, 2010

The 365: Day 429



Friday, March 5, 2010 (64/429)

I went to the DMV to finally get my driver’s license replaced. The woman at the counter was having a conversation with another employee so I let her finish. I was getting impatient and I started to dig my fingernails into the counter. My knuckles started to turn white. She looked at me out of the corner of her eye and turned toward me. “Whatchu want!” It was more of an exclamation rather than a question. When she pulled up my record she laughed and said, “You lookin’ a lot better these days. Too bad you aint getting’ a picture! Height and weight the same?” I gave her current weight, and as she entered it into the computer she muttered to herself, “Shit, you drop ten pounds, and I put ‘em on.”

So I am still rockin’ the vintage ’06 Tommy P photograph in driver’s license. I didn’t know that I wasn’t going to be taking a new photo. So the photo of me today is what my new ID photo would have roughly looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment